Deservedly popular, deeply-flavoured Beef Sirloin steak is an absolute classic for good reason. With a bigger and beefier taste to Fillet or Ribeye, Sirloin steak is a perfect match for highly-flavoured sauces.
All Swaledale beef steaks are from native breed, 100% grass-fed cattle, slowly grown on small farms in the Yorkshire Dales, then dry-aged on the bone in our Himalayan salt-ageing chamber for >28 days.
The ageing process allows the beef to relax, tenderise and intensify. All of this brings the best out of this cut to give a depth of flavour that is unparalleled in our opinion; exactly how beef should taste.
Grass-fed, heritage breed beef slow grown to maturity on the lush, green pastures of the Yorkshire Dales. Dry-aged on the bone for >28 days.
- Take Sirloin steaks out of fridge, remove packaging, pat dry with kitchen paper, pop on a plate and allow to reach room temperature
- Oil* the steaks and season generously with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet over a low to moderate heat
- Place the Sirloin steaks fat side down to the dry pan, balanced against one another and let the fat render for approx. 5 mins
- Now turn the heat up to full blast and once pan is smoking turn the steaks onto their sides and turn the heat down slightly
- Cook for 90 seconds resisting the urge to move them about - a rich golden crust should then have formed
- Cook on the other side for 90 seconds then turn every 30 seconds or so for a total cooking time of 4-6 minutes resulting in a medium-rare steak
- Remove from pan and rest for 6 minutes
*Select an oil with a high smoking point and neutral flavour
Orders received before 9am are freshly prepared and shipped DPD for next day delivery. We serve the whole of the UK excluding Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, and some parts of Scotland.
Our meat has been celebrated in Britain's best restaurant kitchens for over ten years. There are many who claim to work with native breed farmers, but few who can prove it.
Sustainable & traceable
We have partnerships with selected farms and work with carefully selected local abattoirs so we have confidence in the welfare of the animals and full traceability of all our products.