- Suitable for freezing
- Delivered fresh
- Native breed
- Cook on the BBQ
A beef classic, we believe the pork equivalent is every bit as good. With generous marbling, this is an excellent cut for quick searing or barbecuing, although it makes an equally delicious braising cut, the luscious meat holding its shape when tender - think of onions, apples and cider with a dollop of rich crème fraîche and grain mustard to finish.
We use Middle White and Tamworth pigs reared outside at their own pace, dry-aged in house as we believe this results in the very best pork possible, world-class in our opinion.
Outdoor-reared, heritage breed pork
- Take Pork Ribeyes out of fridge, remove packaging, pat dry with kitchen paper, pop on a plate and allow to reach room temperature
- Oil* the steaks and season generously with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet until smoking hot
- Add the Pork Ribeyes to the dry pan resisting the urge to move them and turn after 90 seconds - a rich, golden crust should have formed
- Once other side has cooked for 90 seconds, reduce heat slightly, turn every 30 seconds or so, repeat for a total cooking time approx. 5-7 minutes**
- Remove from pan and rest for 6 minutes
*Select an oil with a high smoking point and neutral flavour
**Swaledale Butchers' Pork Ribeye Steaks are best eaten medium well-done, with a blush of pinkness within
Orders received before 9am are freshly prepared and shipped DPD for next day delivery. We serve the whole of the UK excluding Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, and some parts of Scotland.
Our meat has been celebrated in Britain's best restaurant kitchens for over ten years. There are many who claim to work with native breed farmers, but few who can prove it.
Sustainable & traceable
We have partnerships with selected farms and work with carefully selected local abattoirs so we have confidence in the welfare of the animals and full traceability of all our products.