- Suitable for freezing
- Delivered fresh
- Native breed
- Cook on the BBQ
For the best flavour possible, we create large, flavoursome patties combining 4 selected cuts of beef ; coarsely-ground chuck, rib cap, flank and short-rib. Our steak burgers celebrate our heritage-bred beef and are properly dry-aged.
Comprising of grass-fed beef with no additions (adding salt too soon partially cures and toughens the blend), we recommend cooking in a very similar way to a steak; season liberally with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper externally just prior to cooking.
Our acclaimed native breed, grass-fed, dry-aged steak burgers are uniquely fresh-smelling; think salty charcuterie with fresh green olives. The umami-rich, gamey characteristics offer a complex depth of flavour for all steak burger gastronomes. It's no coincidence Swaledale Butchers is the supplier of choice for many of London’s finest burger restaurants.
To maximise flavour for fabulously tasting meat, all of our beef is dry-aged on the bone in our Himalayan salt ageing chamber for a minimum of 28 days. Our expert craft butchers then cut to order.
We only sell grass-fed, heritage breed, British beef. All our meat is fresh, never frozen, butchered-to-order, vacuum-packed and shipped in recyclable packaging to arrive safely insulated and ready to enjoy.
Grass-fed, heritage breed beef slow-grown to maturity on the lush, green pastures of the Yorkshire Dales. Dry-aged on the bone for >28 days.
- Take Steak Burgers out of fridge, remove packaging, pat dry with kitchen paper, pop on a plate and allow to reach room temperature
- Season generously with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a high quality, non-stick pan or cast iron skillet until smoking hot (or place a sheet of greaseproof paper in the pan, with the burger/s going directly on top to prevent sticking)
- Place your burgers in and press down using a spatula
- Cook for 3-4 minutes in total, turning once (for a cheeseburger, add cheese after the first flip)
- Do not turn until a good level of colour and caramelisation has been achieved, this should be apparent as the patty will naturally release from the pan
- Remove from pan and rest for 3-4 minutes
Orders received before 9am are freshly prepared and shipped DPD for next day delivery. We serve the whole of the UK excluding Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, and some parts of Scotland.
Our meat has been celebrated in Britain's best restaurant kitchens for over ten years. There are many who claim to work with native breed farmers, but few who can prove it.
Sustainable & traceable
We have partnerships with selected farms and work with carefully selected local abattoirs so we have confidence in the welfare of the animals and full traceability of all our products.