- Suitable for freezing
- Delivered fresh
- Native breed
- Cook on the BBQ
A traditional favourite, cut from the lamb saddle, lamb chops are delicious as the bone helps retain moisture whilst also maximising flavour.
Perfect for quick searing or cooking on the barbecue, the high heat caramelises the meat and crisps the fat to produce a rich, full flavour.
We select heritage breeds that range freely on the limestone pastures of the Yorkshire Dales; the wildflowers, grasses and herbs giving this exceptional lamb a world-class flavour profile much loved by our chef community.
Outdoor-reared, native breed lamb
- Take lamb chops out of fridge, remove packaging, pat dry with kitchen paper, pop on a plate and allow to reach room temperature
- Oil* the chops and season generously with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet over a low to moderate heat
- Place the lamb chops rind down to the dry pan, balanced against one another and let the fat render for approx. 5 mins
- Now turn the heat up to full blast and once pan is smoking turn the chops onto their sides and turn the heat down slightly
- Cook for 90 seconds, resisting the urge to move the chops about - a rich golden crust should have formed
- Repeat on the other side then turn every 30 seconds or so for a total cooking time of 4-6 minutes**
- Remove from pan and rest for 6 mins
*Select an oil with a high smoking point and neutral flavour
**Swaledale Butchers' Lamb Chops are best eaten medium-rare
Orders received before 9am are freshly prepared and shipped DPD for next day delivery. We serve the whole of the UK excluding Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, and some parts of Scotland.
Our meat has been celebrated in Britain's best restaurant kitchens for over ten years. There are many who claim to work with native breed farmers, but few who can prove it.
Sustainable & traceable
We have partnerships with selected farms and work with carefully selected local abattoirs so we have confidence in the welfare of the animals and full traceability of all our products.