- Suitable for freezing
- Delivered fresh
- Native breed
- Cook on the BBQ
One of the classic steaks, our grass-fed, native breed Beef Rump steaks have a deep, natural flavour. Freshly prepared from heritage breed cattle left to mature and fatten naturally, our Rump steaks are dry-aged on the bone in our Himalayan salt chamber for >28 days.
The ageing process allows the natural enzymes to tenderise the muscle whilst the moisture loss concentrates the intensity of the flavour; the result is a deeply-savoury steak worthy of any table.
Grass-fed, heritage breed beef slow grown to maturity on the lush, green pastures of the Yorkshire Dales. Dry-aged on the bone for >28 days.
- Take Rump steaks out of fridge, remove packaging, pat dry with kitchen paper, pop on a plate and allow to reach room temperature
- Oil* the steaks and season generously with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet until smoking hot
- Add the Rump steaks to the dry pan resisting the urge to move them and turn after 90 seconds - a rich golden crust should then have formed
- Once other side has cooked for 90 seconds, reduce heat slightly, turn every 30 seconds or so, repeat for a total cooking time approx. 4-6 minutes for a medium-rare steak
- Remove from pan and rest for 6 minutes
*Select an oil with a high smoking point and neutral flavour
Orders received before 9am are freshly prepared and shipped DPD for next day delivery. We serve the whole of the UK excluding Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, and some parts of Scotland.
Our meat has been celebrated in Britain's best restaurant kitchens for over ten years. There are many who claim to work with native breed farmers, but few who can prove it.
Sustainable & traceable
We have partnerships with selected farms and work with carefully selected local abattoirs so we have confidence in the welfare of the animals and full traceability of all our products.